- This event has passed.
Traditional Arts Fair Workshop – Tales of Cloth
November 20, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm$90
An all day workshop in our series of Traditional Arts workshops preceding our Fair on Sunday November 24th.
Hexie Shape Family Workshop: by Jodi Godfrey, Tales of Cloth – Sorry, Bookings now closed
People have enjoyed making tiling patterns with hexagon-related shapes for thousands of years! Come and enjoy a day of playing with English Paper Pieced quilt design, no computer or drawing skills required! Each participant will receive a mixed bag of paper templates for tiling together, moving around, and getting inspired.
Jodi will bring her collection of quilts designed using this playful method. We’ll have a short trunk show, time to design, and then we’ll spend the afternoon starting the quilt we’ve designed. If you’d like to make more blocks after class, Jodi can help you work out shape requirements to make the quilt you want.
Suitable for beginners with some experience making a quilt. English Paper Piecing Tutorial included.
Participants should bring:
- Fabric scraps or fat quarters or jelly roll.
- Rotary Cutter, small cutting mat and ruler.
- 8g Bostik glue stick or Sewline Glue (if glue basting shapes – folks used to thread basting can do so)
- Hand sewing needles and thread (I use Bohin Milliners size 9, and Aurifil 50 wt cotton, but whatever you have at home will be fine)
- Zip-lock bag for taking home work in progress.