- This event has passed.
Traditional Arts Fair Workshop – Growing Perennials
July 25, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm$50
Our new series of Traditional Arts workshops
July’s workshops will take place in the Garden room and/or outside with plenty of space for physical distancing, Covid safe hygiene protocols in place and a limit of 8 people per workshop.BOOK NOW
In this workshop, participants will learn how to get years of supply with a few simple seasonal procedures
with Stan Smith
- Have you ever wondered why your ornamental perennials look great for a few years and then go downhill?
- Beautiful Heritage goldfield perennials – the tough and terrific.
- Consider using Indigenous perennials.
- How to have excellent Hellebores year after year and peonies to flower well every year.
- A great time to plan and action for spring summer.
Stan Smith has a Landscape Design and Concept business, is a lecturer in horticulture at Bendigo Tafe and has lectured at Polytechnic in Melbourne. He also escorts people on garden Tours of New Zealand and does a biweekly talk about gardening on ABC Central Vic. Stan is a regular at Buda, demonstrating pruning, hedging and topiary with his own students and for us all at the Traditional Arts Fair. His commitment to greener gardening practices and the application of the principals of bio-diversity extends and enriches the experience of the garden, creating year round sensory interest. His gardening workshops are accessible, easy to understand and easily implemented.
The presentation will consist of a series of Colourful Power Points Stories of success/failure, share and tell of yours, and hands on workshopping.BOOK NOW